Friday, February 20, 2015

Jerry Bridges


Another book complete and well worth the time. Not that it took long at all. I never wanted to put it down. 

This practical book gives many ways to see where you fall into the same traps of sin and how to fight to be holy. To have the correct balance of faith and hope but also personal effort in gaining holiness.

The very final paragraph of the book says:

Surely He has not commanded you to be holy without providing the means to be holy. The privilege of being holy is your, and the decision and responsibility to be holy is yours. If you make that decision, you will experience the fullness of joy which Christ had promised to those who walk in obedience to Him.
A highly recommended read from my point of view. I have his following book, The Pursuit of Godliness, which I plan on picking up next.

If you chose to pick this one  up, you will not  be disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying this book too (I need to get it back to you ;)

love
lia