Monday, January 12, 2015

Special Surprise

I don't know too many of my neighbours very well. I know some names and a rough schedule of their day since I see them coming and going, but I've really only built a relationship with one family.

This Christmas, a beautiful offering was made to our family. When my mom was heading out the door on Christmas Eve, there on our stoop was a package of gifts. 4 precious gifts. One per little man. A card on it said: "Wishing you a Merry Christmas, from Ho ho ho!"

Who could it be? Who would come all this way to leave an anonymous gift for the boys? I figured it had to be a neighbour and I made a guess as to who it was. 



Each boy was given their own towel and the gifter had sewn each of their names on it which different fabric. Love and thoughtfulness went in to this gift. For our boys.

About a week later my neighbour across the way came by and asked if we had received the gift from Alice. I had been right. She was who I had suspected. An older woman and her daughter had thought of our family and brought a special Christmas gift.

I don't know if she will ever know just how much it meant to me. Not the gifts but knowing she thought of our boys during a very busy holiday. God sure uses people to bless others. We sure felt it this year.

No comments: