Monday, October 15, 2012

11 Questions

My Aunt has been nominated for a blog award and she has sent out a eleven questions to a few blogs she follows and we are to answer them. I know I am late in answering but I hope I am not TOO late.

I'll do my best to answer them.

1) What is your cultural background?
I am from a very common blend of people. Scottish and Irish. I know there is some British in there and maybe some German as well but the first two are the primary ones.

2) What are a few words that would describe your family of origin?
Loving, warm, inviting, God fearing, full of life, communicative, open and real.

3) In a few words, what is your first memory?
Oooo, I have a terrible memory. Perhaps when I was in kindergarten and I was told to bring coconut to school for a craft. I forgot it was for a craft so I ate it as my snack and I remember crying when my teacher told me my mistake.

4) What did you enjoy most about school?
I always liked recess best of all in school. Once high school hit I just prefered classes that involved reading.

5) Where did you meet your spouse?
I met my spouse at church but I was very young at the time. Later we re-met at a cottage and things began there.

6) How would you spend next Saturday if you had no responsibilities?
Believe it or not this coming Saturday I will be in that exact position. My husband and family are sending me off to Alberta so I can visit my good friend Tara. So, I'll be touring and eating and shopping and visiting... Im so excited!

7)Which historical character would you most like to meet?
I think I would like to meet David and Jonathan. Two unlikely friends who both have a  heart from the Lord.

8) Which historical character would you most like to delete?
Charles Darwin

9) Which fictional character would you most like to meet?
When I was young my favourite story was called Fairy Rebel. In the story a tiny little fairy named Tiki became friends with a woman who couldn't bare children. I would love to meet Tiki!

10) If you could choose any country to live in for a year, which would it be?
 Ireland and I only choose this because I have always wanted to visit there. No saying I would be able to last a year but it would be convenient for traveling to many places.

 11) If you could choose any century to live in for a year, which would it be?
 They all contain their difficulties and their beauties. I suppose if I could choose my caste and my parents I would choose to live in the time of Sense and Sensibility in the 1790's. I know I would miss all my conveniences and my medicines though.

1 comment:

Grace said...

love this Kate...your first memory is so cute and funny!